- Brendan Rodgers provided his Leicester City fitness update on Wednesday afternoon
- The manager says James Maddison is 'fit and ready' to face Southampton on Friday
- Maddison was substituted during Leicester's 2-1 win over Burnley last weekend
- The Foxes tackle the Saints at St. Mary's Stadium in an 8pm BST kick-off
After being substituted in the 73rd minute at King Power Stadium, Maddison has trained with the first team squad this week and is primed to appear against Southampton at St. Mary's Stadium.
We're obviously another week or so down the line with a few of the boys in terms of their football fitness so we're all good.Brendan Rodgers
"He’s fine," Rodgers confirmed, speaking to the national media on Wednesday afternoon. "He’s been good in training up until now. He didn’t do much in the weeks after the Tottenham game.
"He only had a few days, so he lasted the game (vs. Burnley) very well. He wasn’t quite up to match fitness, but he got a good period of the time in and he’ll be fit and ready for Friday."
Speaking more generally about the fitness of his whole squad, the Northern Irishman also stated that there are no fresh injury concerns ahead of this Friday's encounter with Ralph Hasenhüttl's men.
"Everyone's training well and fine," Rodgers continued. "We're obviously another week or so down the line with a few of the boys in terms of their football fitness so we're all good."
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
Copy link to clipboard
Url Copied to clipboard