- Brendan Rodgers provides an update on the fitness of Wes Morgan and Wilfred Ndidi prior to Sunday’s Premier League fixture at Burnley (2pm kick-off)
- Ndidi has made good progress and is now training at Belvoir Drive, but will not be involved at the weekend
- Morgan’s fitness will be assessed ahead of the trip to Lancashire
- LCFC Radio’s live coverage of the match will begin at 11am on Sunday
However, Rodgers has been pleased with Ndidi’s recovery, while he revealed the Club with check on the availability of skipper Wes Morgan prior to Sunday’s match.
Rodgers said: “Wes has been out, and he’s been back on training field, so we’ll assess him tomorrow to see if he’s okay for the weekend.
“Wilfred Ndidi has made great progress, he’s out on training pitch working, which is great news for us, but he won’t be available for the weekend. We’ll see after that.”
The Foxes have enjoyed a full week’s worth of training at Belvoir Drive leading up to their Premier League encounter with the Clarets, and while they have a busy few weeks on the horizon, Rodgers says his players are set for an exciting period.
“I think it’s just one game at a time,” he said of City’s fixture schedule. “When they’re so close together, over the Christmas period, you really have to consider it (team rotation) and that’s what we did.
We’ve had a good week’s training and we’ve used it to find our identity again, to reset everything. The boys have been superb.Brendan Rodgers
“Of course, we’ve got five games between now and the end of month, so it’s another busy schedule, but we’re really excited.
“We’ve got a semi-final of a cup to come and we’ve got some good league games too.
“We’ve had a good week’s training and we’ve used it to find our identity again, to reset everything. The boys have been superb.”
All times GMT.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
คัดลอก URL ลงคลิปบอร์ด
URL copied to clipboard