- Jamie Vardy will be in Leicester City's matchday squad at Aston Villa on Tuesday evening, says Brendan Rodgers
- The Foxes tackle Dean Smith's men in a Carabao Cup Semi-Final second leg tie at Villa Park (7:45pm kick-off)
- Rodgers says Vardy has progressed well after sustaining a glute issue last week
- Papy Mendy and Wes Morgan will miss the clash in Birmingham, Rodgers confirms
However, after spending time with the Club's medical staff over the past week, Leicester's all-time top Premier League goalscorer is likely to be involved at Villa Park on Tuesday with the tie locked at 1-1.
"He’s fine," Rodgers told the national media on Monday afternoon. "He’s in the squad. He’s worked very hard since his injury last midweek. He’s in the squad and then we’ll give it another full day.
I’d rather have an 80 per cent Jamie Vardy. He’s come through the last two days on the field well. He has a part to play.Brendan Rodgers
"We’ll see how he is tomorrow (Tuesday), depending on whether he starts or comes off the bench. It’s one where, if you’re asking me if he’s 100 per cent, he may be 80 per cent.
"I’d rather have an 80 per cent Jamie Vardy. He’s come through the last two days on the field well. He has a part to play."
He [Morgan] just didn’t feel great after the game at the weekend and is just having some tests which will make him unavailable for the game.Brendan Rodgers
"Papy Mendy’s out," the 47-year-old continued. "He was out for the weekend and Wes Morgan will be unavailable for the game, so that will give other players the chance to come in.
"He (Wes Morgan) just didn’t feel great after the game at the weekend and is just having some tests which will make him unavailable for the game."
Supporters can tune into live LCFC Radio of the tie, including Matt Elliott, Steve Walsh and Gerry Taggart, for over six hours on Tuesday from 4:45pm.
All times GMT.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
คัดลอก URL ลงคลิปบอร์ด
URL copied to clipboard