- Leicester City midfielder Papy Mendy made his Senegal debut on Friday afternoon
- Senegal were held to a 0-0 draw by Congo in Africa Cup of Nations qualifying in Brazzaville
- Youngsters Shane Flynn and Jakub Stolarczyk were unused for their nations' Under-21s sides
- Another seven Foxes stars could appear in international fixtures across Saturday
Having already secured safe passage from Group I in CAF Africa Cup of Nations qualifying, Aliou Cissé’s side tackled Congo at Stade Alphonse Massamba-Debat.
Mendy started the clash in Brazzaville – the first of two qualifiers scheduled for Senegal over the international break – alongside other Premier League stars such as Liverpool forward Sadio Mané and Crystal Palace defender Cheikhou Kouyaté.
The encounter between the top two sides in their pool would end goalless, though, leaving Senegal top on 13 points, five clear of Congo, ahead of hosting Eswatini at Stade Lat Dior in Thiès on Tuesday (5pm BST kick-off).
AFCON, on the other hand, will be hosted in Cameroon between January and February in 2022. Senegal are two-time runners-up in the competition, most recently missing out to Algeria in 2019.
Earlier in the day, meanwhile, Development Squad defender Shane Flynn and goalkeeper Jakub Stolarczyk were unused substitutes as Under-21s sides representing Republic of Ireland and Poland were both in action against Wales and Saudi Arabia respectively.
Flynn's Ireland secured a 2-1 win at Colliers Park, while Stolarczyk's Poland were 7-0 victors.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
คัดลอก URL ลงคลิปบอร์ด
URL copied to clipboard