- LCFC Women promoted to the Barclay’s FA Women’s Super League
- The Foxes have been confirmed as FA Women’s Championship champions following Sunday’s 2-0 victory over London City Lionesses
- City have secured 15 wins in 18 league games this season, scoring 50 goals
- The 2021/22 campaign will be Leicester’s first in the top tier of the women’s game
Following a 2-0 victory over London City Lionesses at Farley Way Stadium in Quorn – a record-breaking 12th consecutive league win for the flying Foxes – they are now unassailable at the summit with two games to play in the second tier of women’s football.
After turning professional at the turn of the 2020/21 campaign, City, under the management of Jonathan Morgan, have overseen a stunning, promotion-winning season, including 15 wins from 18 outings. The Foxes have also netted a league-high 50 goals this term, earning a goal difference of +35.
The 2021/22 campaign will be the first time LCFC Women have ever featured in the top tier of women’s football, which was won last term by three-time champions, Chelsea Women.
City still have games against Lewes Women (A) on 25 April and Charlton Athletic Women (H) on 2 May, after which they will be presented with the FA Women's Championship trophy.
Make sure to check back to LCFC.com and the official LCFC Women social media channels as we celebrate their magnificent achievement over the coming days and weeks.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
คัดลอก URL ลงคลิปบอร์ด
URL copied to clipboard