- Several players will be assessed ahead of Thursday's trip to Chelsea, says Brendan Rodgers
- Youri Tielemans and Ricardo Pereira may miss out, while Hamza Choudhury is not expected to be fit
- Papy Mendy could return from illness after being substituted at Watford last weekend
- Rodgers also reveals Kasper Schmeichel will return to the City XI in west London
Rodgers could be without Youri Tielemans (knee) and Ricardo Pereira (hamstring), although Papy Mendy (illness) may return from illness. Hamza Choudhury, on the other hand, (groin) is out of the clash with Thomas Tuchel's Blues.
"Probably just one or two [changes] from the weekend," the Northern Irishman told the media on Tuesday. "We’ll wait and see tomorrow. Youri's clashed his knee. Hamza is still out. He picked up a groin [tear]. He has been a fantastic player for us this season. He's probably trained more than anyone else.
Rodgers: Leicester Braced For 'Top Team' Chelsea
Manager Brendan Rodgers sits down inside the King Power Centre to speak to the media ahead of Thursday's away game at Chelsea.
"You won't have seen too much of him in the games but he's been a great support for the players. He's had a scan on it and he has slight tear there. Papy Mendy should be back in. We had to take him off [at Watford] with illness and we’ll see how Ricardo Pereira is in training and if he’s available."
"Kasper will play," he confirmed. "I said the other day the plan was for Kasper to play in the final two games. Unfortunately Danny couldn’t play against Norwich, but he proved he’s an outstanding goalkeeper [vs. Watford]. His stature in goal in the game was excellent.
"I’ve told Kasper he will play against Chelsea and Southampton."
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
คัดลอก URL ลงคลิปบอร์ด
URL copied to clipboard