- Leicester City defender Elliott Moore started for the England Under-20s on Sunday afternoon
- The young Lions secured their third victory in quick succession with a 2-1 success over Japan
- It was Moore's full debut at Under-20s level after appearing as a substitute earlier in the week
- Team-mate Harvey Barnes also featured, replacing goal-scorer George Hirst in the second half
Leicester City Development Squad defender Elliott Moore played the full 90 minutes as the England Under-20s defeated Japan 2-1 at the Toulon Tournament.
On the back of previous successes over Angola and Cuba, the young Lions had already confirmed their place in the Semi-Final stage as Group A winners whatever the result on Sunday.
Goals from George Hirst and Martell Taylor-Crossdale, of Sheffield Wednesday and Chelsea respectively, were enough for England to win despite Mizuki Ando's strike in the 58th minute.
Moore, who captained City's Development Squad last term, was promoted to the national team's Under-20s ranks this summer after making a solitary appearance for the Under-18s in 2015.
Meanwhile, Foxes team-mate Harvey Barnes, who scored a brace on his full international debut against Cuba last week, came on as a substitute in the 65th minute, replacing goal-scorer Hirst.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard