Benalouane In Fiorentina Loan
- The defender signed for the Foxes last summer from Italian club Atalanta
- Benalouane has made a total of nine appearances for Claudio Ranieri’s side since his arrival
- Managed by former Leicester City manager Paulo Sousa, Fiorentina currently sit third in Serie A
Leicester City defender Yohan Benalouane has joined Italian Serie A side Fiorentina on loan until the end of the 2015/16 season, subject to FA and league clearance approvals.
The 28-year-old centre-back joined the Foxes in the summer from Italian side Atalanta and went on to make his debut as a substitute at King Power Stadium in the 4-2 opening day victory over Sunderland.
Benalouane began his career at Saint-Etienne in France before a switch to Italian outfit Cesena in 2010. Further Serie A experience came with spells at Parma and Atlanta until his move to England in the summer.
In total Benalouane has made nine appearances for the Foxes this season, including five starts which came in City's League Cup and FA Cup campaigns.
He joins a Fiorentina side managed by former Leicester City boss Paulo Sousa and that sit third in the table – eight points adrift of leaders Napoli. His first outing could be as early as Wednesday when they face a home league tie against Carpi.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard