Elder Signs New LCFC Deal
- Elder will now join Brentford on a season-long loan deal
- The versatile defender could be involved in the Bees’ testimonial fixture against Millwall on Saturday
- Elder has previously enjoyed loan spells in the Football League at Mansfield Town and Peterborough United
Leicester City defender Callum Elder has signed a new contract to June 2019, and now joins Championship outfit Brentford on a season-long loan.
The Australian youth international signed for the Foxes in July 2013 and has gone on to play a key role for the Club’s Development Squad, alongside two successful loan spells in the Football League.
In the 2014/15 campaign, the versatile defender, who can operate at either left back or centre back, put in a string of fine performances to help Mansfield Town retain their League 2 status.
The following term, Elder, 21, made 21 appearances for League 1’s Peterborough United, as he continued to show promise at a highly-competitive level.
Now, Elder, who featured in the Foxes’ 2-1 pre-season victory over Oxford United on 19 July, heads to Griffin Park on loan for the 2016/17 campaign.
Elder could potentially be involved for Dean Smith’s men as early as Saturday, when they face Millwall in a testimonial fixture at the Den, before they begin their 2016/17 Championship campaign against Huddersfield on Saturday 6 August.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard