- Ron-Robert Zieler completes permanent transfer to VfB Stuttgart
- German goalkeeper made 13 appearances since joining Leicester City a year ago
- Stuttgart set to return to the Bundesliga top tier in 2017/18
Ron travelled from City’s pre-season training camp in Austria to Germany on Tuesday to finalise personal terms and complete a medical, before signing a three-year deal.
Zieler, 28, returns to the German Bundesliga a year after joining City from Hannover. He made 13 appearances for the Foxes, featuring in the Premier League, UEFA Champions League, FA Cup and EFL Cup.
He joins a Stuttgart side that won promotion back to Bundesliga 1 at the first time of asking last term – alongside Zieler’s former club Hannover, whom they beat to the second division title by two points.
During his short stay at King Power Stadium, Zieler appeared in some memorable matches in City blue – most notably the 2-1 win over Club Brugge that secured top spot in UEFA Champions League Group G in November and a famous 4-2 win over Manchester City in the Premier League the following month.
He departs with the thanks and best wishes of everyone at Leicester City.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard