Matty James Commits Future To Leicester City
- Midfielder Matty James signs a new four-year contract with Leicester City Football Club
- The 26-year-old has played more than 100 times for the Club since signing from Manchester United in 2012
- James has been in impressive form for Leicester City in the Premier League this season
- The popular midfielder shone on loan for Barnsley last term as he worked his way back to fitness and form after injury
The 26-year-old midfielder has started the campaign in fine form for Craig Shakespeare’s side, having started both of the Foxes’ Premier League fixtures following an impressive pre-season.
Having joined the Foxes from Manchester United in the summer of 2012 after previously spending two seasons on loan with Preston North End in the Championship, James has gone on to play more than 100 games for Leicester City as a long-serving and key member of the squad.
James played a major role in Leicester City’s promotion to the Premier League as Championship winners in 2013/14 before helping the team secure a dramatic survival the following season – playing 29 games until injury side-lined him in May.
The popular central midfielder battled his way back to form and fitness with the help of a highly successful loan spell with Barnsley last season. He returned to City’s starting XI for the Premier League opener against Arsenal earlier this month – his first start for the Club in 865 days.
His excellent performance levels in an increasingly competitive central midfield for the Foxes underline both his outstanding ability and determination as he looks to help Shakespeare’s side build on their good start against former team Manchester United on Saturday.
If you wish to view this story in a different format, please email email@example.com.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard