- Andy King and Aleksandar Dragović faced each other in Cardiff as Wales beat Austria 1-0
- King becomes the Club’s leading international appearance maker with 40 caps
- Islam Slimani played 90 minutes in Algeria’s 3-1 defeat to Zambia.
The Academy graduate eclipsed John O’Neill’s record of 39 caps after helping Wales beat Austria in a World Cup qualifier in Cardiff.
Deadline Day signing Aleksandar Dragović also played 90 minutes for Austria, who were undone by a 74th-minute strike from Liverpool’s Ben Woodburn.
King’s nation now sit third in Group D ahead of Tuesday’s trip to the Zimbru Stadium, Chișinău to face Moldova, while Austria are fourth.
Earlier in the day, striker Islam Slimani featured from the off for Algeria, but couldn’t inspire them to victory over Zambia.
A first-half double from Brian Mwila and Enock Mwepu’s late strike earned three World Cup qualification points for Zambia, who were reduced to 10 men after the break. Winger Riyad Mahrez did not feature.
Be sure to stay tuned to LCFC.com for all the latest on City’s international stars.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard