- Leicester City's Josh Gordon discusses the Under-23s' 3-1 victory at Barnsley
- Gordon struck from 30 yards to score City's second on another enjoyable outing for his side
- It was a goal which landed on the former Stafford Rangers striker's 23rd birthday
- The Foxes next face Tottenham at Hotspur Way on Friday afternoon
At Oakwell on Tuesday afternoon, the former Stafford Rangers forward struck from 30 yards as the Foxes ran out as 3-1 victors, their fifth success in six matches over the past month.
Reflecting on the clash with LCFC TV at full-time, Gordon said: “It was a nice goal, finally a first one for me this season, and it was nice to get it on my birthday.
Gordon Elated With Goal
Foxes forward Josh Gordon spoke to LCFC TV after the Under-23s' victory against Barnsley in the Premier League Cup.
“We’ve done really well so far, we are learning with every game. We are all sticking together. Today was another challenge. We didn’t play the best but we stuck it out and got the win.”
Gordon has settled into life at the Club quickly after joining towards the end of the 2016/17 campaign and he hopes to build upon that progress over the coming months.
It’s nice when I get involved with the first team and I just need to continue doing what I’m doing.Josh Gordon
He added: “I’m enjoying it. It’s nice when I get involved with the first team [in training] and I just need to continue doing what I’m doing.
“We need to learn from what we’ve done today and on Friday [against Tottenham Hotspur in Premier League 2], hopefully we can get another result.”
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
Copy link to clipboard
Url Copied to clipboard