- Leicester City boss Claude Puel provided his pre-Peterborough fitness update on Thursday
- Defenders Danny Simpson and Robert Huth are in contention to appear at the ABAX Stadium
- Wes Morgan still needs more time to recover from a hamstring injury, Puel confirms
- New signing Fousseni Diabaté could make his senior debut for the Club in the Emirates FA Cup
Simpson (hamstring) has been absent since the 2-2 draw with Manchester United in December while Huth (ankle) is yet to appear for Puel’s seniors this season.
Puel's Fitness Update
Manager Claude Puel provides an update on the fitness of his squad ahead of facing Peterborough in the Emirates FA Cup.
“Robert can perhaps participate with this game,” the Frenchman said. “We will see. I think he will come with the squad. Simpson is available also.”
“Perhaps he will have some game time, we will see with other players also, but we will pick a team to win the game,” Puel added.
“I hope we will get further in this competition. He is the right profile with the right attributes. He is learning the Premier League and he has the attributes to be a player for the future.”
[Morgan] is an important player for the team and, of course, it will be a good thing when he comes back into the team with his team-mates.Claude Puel
“No date [yet] but good news from his scan, it was good,” the City boss revealed. “He came back in the gym and he played with the ball so he is making good progress.
"He's our captain. We have a good feeling with Wes. He is an important player for the team and, of course, it will be a good thing when he comes back into the team with his team-mates."
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
คัดลอก URL ลงคลิปบอร์ด
URL copied to clipboard