- Leicester City manager Claude Puel has provided his weekly fitness update
- The Foxes entertain Southampton at King Power Stadium on Thursday (7:45pm kick-off)
- Kasper Schmeichel and Shinji Okazaki will be assessed by the Club's medical team this week
- Puel also confirms that Daniel Amartey has returned to training at Belvoir Drive
Okazaki was withdrawn at half-time at Burnley on Saturday while Schmeichel was forced to leave the field with just four minutes to play following a heavy collision with Ashley Barnes.
“It was a fall and a knock [for Schmeichel],” Puel said. “The problem is in his ankle and we will see if he can play in this game. Okazaki, also, we will see if can come back with his ankle too.
“We will see tomorrow. For the moment, [Schmeichel] cannot train with us. We need to adapt to the situation, of course, like we have done already.
Training Exclusive: Southampton
The lads have been back out on the training pitch ahead of Thursday's Premier League clash against Southampton.
“I don’t want to give details about everyone but just say they are two goalkeepers with good attributes, different attributes, and, if they play, it will be a good opportunity."
Amartey came back today in the training sessions, but it is not enough time to be available.Claude Puel
Puel also revealed that Daniel Amartey (hamstring) has returned to training at Belvoir Drive this week, but the Frenchman says it is unlikely that the Ghana international will feature on Thursday.
“Amartey came back today in the training sessions, but it is not enough time to be available,” he said.
Meanwhile, the Foxes will have midfielder Wilfred Ndidi available for selection again after the completion of the Nigerian's two-match suspension.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard