LCFC Clinch Trophy At Premier League & BT Disability Football Festival
- A team representing LCFC come away winners at this year’s Premier League and BT Disability Football Festival
- The annual event, hosted by BT Sport’s Jake Humphrey and Abi Griffiths, aims to inspire disabled people through sport
- The youngsters, who regularly participate in LCFC Community Trust’s Premier League and BT Disability programme, take part in a skills challenge followed by a mini-tournament
Youngsters who regularly participate in LCFC Community Trust’s Premier League and BT Disability programme had the opportunity to play football and learn new skills as part of the annual event, which inspires disabled people through sport.
The day, which was hosted by BT Sport’s Jake Humphrey and Abi Griffiths, saw LCFC Community Trust participants take part in a skills challenge in the morning and then compete in a pan-disability football tournament in the afternoon, all whilst proudly wearing the Foxes’ new adidas home kit.
The Leicester City side enjoyed success at the tournament, winning three out of their four games on the way to topping their group.
The team claimed victories over Crystal Palace, Bournemouth and Everton to win the trophy.
Sarah Alexander, Leicester City Disability Officer, said:“The festival was an amazing opportunity for a group of young people from across our schools programme. They all had an incredible time taking part in lots of football activities with their friends, winning was just the icing on the cake and I’m sure the participants will treasure the memory forever.”
LCFC Community Trust’s disability programme provides opportunities and experiences for young people and adults across Leicestershire to improve their quality of life through sport and physical activity.
The programme provides a range of multi-sport activities within schools, colleges, day services, charities and community settings for children as young as one to adults in their 90s.
LCFC Community Trust also provides leadership and volunteering opportunities, giving young people of all abilities the chance to gain qualifications and work-related experience.
Follow @LCFC_Community to keep up to date with all of the Trust’s activities.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard