- Leicester City manager Claude Puel provides his first fitness update of the 2018/19 campaign
- The Foxes will head to Old Trafford to face Manchester United on Friday evening (8pm BST kick-off)
- James Maddison is available for selection, but Papy Mendy is set to miss the opening day clash
- The fitness of Jonny Evans will be assessed ahead of the game over the next 24 hours
However, Puel says Jonny Evans, another summer signing, will be determined by the Club’s medical team before it is decided whether the Northern Ireland international will face his former club at Old Trafford.
Claude Puel & Jonny Evans
Claude Puel with Jonny Evans during training at Belvoir Drive, the Club's training facility, this week.
"He came back at the beginning of the week,” the Frenchman told the press. “We will see in training in the afternoon if he can be in the squad or not.
"For [Papy] Mendy, it is still not enough, he is still not available. Maddison is okay."
Foxes fans won't miss a thing on LCFC Radio with Pre-Match Pint starting at 6pm, before switching over to Matchday Live an hour before kick-off.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard