About The Company
Established in 1884, Leicester City Football Club is a leading Football Club, achieving outstanding success as Premier League champions in 2016. Following a period of growth, Leicester City Football Club is recruiting a Head of Football Analytics to lead the development and maintenance of data collection, analysis & reporting methods to progress the club in its use of advanced performance data. The successful candidate will be required to consolidate raw data sources, build mathematical models, and provide insight & guidance to coaches, analysts, and other stakeholders.
About The Role
Based predominantly at Leicester City Training Ground the key duties of this role will be to;
- Produce unique and insightful performance metrics and analysis, using data modelling.
- Ensure that existing and new databases are maintained and updated promptly.
- Collaborate with appropriate members of staff at the club, and develop strategies to raise the overall levels of data literacy, analysis and visualisation.
- Develop the integrated, club-wide approach to providing data driven insights for performance evaluation, player recruitment, sports science and medical aspects of the club.
- Be pro-active in the organisation and implementation of data analysis-based CPD learning activities within the club
Who We’re Looking For
- Applicants will be expected to have significant experience of working as part of a professional sports organisation, or other sports-related industries.
- Experience of managing large datasets, and producing high-quality data insights and visualisations for end-users.
- Experience from other areas may still be considered, based on the relevance to this role.
- Masters or PhD in a numerate subject, this may include Statistics, Economics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or related subjects.
- Advanced coding ability (R, Python, XML/XSLT manipulations).
- Demonstrable working knowledge of databases, SQL and database design.
- Knowledge of using API’s to manage data sets, and experience using JSON scripts.
- Familiarity with raw data files such as Opta F24 & TracAb.
- Good time management & organisational skills, and ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Excellent written and communication skills in English, with the ability to present results clearly (verbally & visually), and to develop close working relationships with existing staff members with varied levels of data analysis experience.
- Demonstrable knowledge of football, and of how data analytics are currently being used to impact decision making processes in professional sport.
Leicester City Football Club offers a competitive salary and pension scheme with life assurance to all its permanent employees. Employees are able to benefit from free onsite parking as well as an onsite staff restaurant. Employees also benefit from up to 33 days’ annual leave including bank holidays.
Contract Type – Permanent
Hours Per Week – 37.5
Leicester City Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Leicester City Football Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. As such, you may be subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure & Barring Service and prior to taking up any role.
A shortlist of suitable applicants will be compiled shortly after the closing date and successful candidates will be contacted about the interview process.
If you feel you have the qualities and experience we are looking for please apply by sending your CV, along with a covering letter, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are encouraged to provide examples or citations of any previous work in the field of sports data analysis.
Closing Date – 30 November 2018
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard