- Leicester City are focused on playing with intensity during the remaining five Premier League matches of 2018/19, says James Maddison
- City have won four games in a row and next face Newcastle United on Friday (8pm BST kick-off)
- Maddison netted a brilliant free-kick during Saturday’s 4-1 victory over Huddersfield Town
Key to the Foxes’ displays has been the tempo at which they’ve played at under Brendan Rodgers, and Maddison is keen for them to maintain that form during their five remaining games.
“We’ve still got some important games to go and there’s still a lot to play for,” said the No.10. “We’re not looking too far beyond this season, but we’re playing with intensity. Hopefully we can keep doing that.
Huddersfield Town 1 Leicester City 4
Watch extended highlights as Leicester City secured a 4-1 victory against Huddersfield Town at the John Smith's Stadium on Saturday.
“We’re working relentlessly on the training pitch at the minute. We’re constantly working and I think that’s showing on the pitch. Hopefully the fans see the work that we’re putting in.”
Maddison, a summer recruit from Norwich City, has now been directly involved in four goals in his last six Premier League appearances for the Foxes.
“I’m playing with freedom and I feel like I’ve got my swagger back. I’m really enjoying playing at the minute and long may that continue.”
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard