- Harvey Barnes says Leicester City have a good platform to build on during the 2019/20 season
- The Academy graduate made 16 Premier League appearances for the Foxes in 2018/19
- Barnes scored his first goal for the Club against West Ham United in April
Barnes’ displays on the left wing have captured the attention of many, with his direct style of play causing problems for opposition defenders since his return from his loan spell at West Bromwich Albion in January.
His introduction against Chelsea on Sunday saw him make his 16th appearance for City this term, having returned three assists and a maiden top-flight strike against West Ham United during that period.
“I’ve been really pleased,” Barnes told LCFC TV. “I came back in January and I feel like I’ve had a lot of game time, which is really pleasing.
“I obviously got my first goal and we’ve finished the season well with some good results against some tough sides, which is obviously great.”
Barnes believes the Foxes have a solid foundation to build on following an impressive string of displays under Brendan Rodgers, who guided City to five wins to finish eighth in the Premier League standings.
“We spoke about the positives a lot,” he said. “Not just to finish the season well, but we’re also looking at next season now.
“We’ve got a great platform. We’ll obviously have a good pre-season with the manager and I’m sure he’s got a lot for us to work on as well.”
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard