Background to the Club
Leicester City Football Club, also known as the Foxes, is a top-flight English football club, going into their sixth consecutive season in the Premier League. In 2015/16, ranked as 5000-1 outsiders, Leicester City were crowned Premier League champions.
In 2010, the Club was bought by Asian Football Investments, a Thai-led consortium fronted by King Power’s founder and Chairman, Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha. The stadium was named King Power Stadium in 2011 and one year later in 2012, King Power International became sole owners of the Club.
Leicester City Football Club is an ambitious and forward-thinking club. It is deeply committed to the local community and its supporters and continually strives to ensure that every point of engagement with fans is truly world-class including the experience on matchdays.
The Club is now continuing to make significant strategic investments across the whole organisation and major expansion plans are in hand. It is an extremely exciting time for the Club with plans for a new state-of-the-art 180-acre, £100M training ground.
About the role
Against this exciting backdrop and given the ongoing increase in the organisation’s operational complexity, the Club is seeking a Head of Venue Sales, to support our wider Operations team.
The role is responsible for leading a team that will develop the Club’s sales and profitability by effective utilisation of hospitality spaces and delivering successful and well-attended events.
This significant role encompasses hospitality, ticketing, non-matchday events and sales, membership events and sales and is also responsible for developing our support liaison activity and accessibility for our diverse group of supporters and visitors.
The role is the key point of contact and interface with Leicester City’s external catering partner, ensuring a smooth operation, quality product and optimum commercial returns for the Club.
The role will also focus on:
- Development and management of the Club’s vision for the stadium and creating a strategic plan to enable the delivery of increased sales and profitability across all venue revenue streams (both existing and planned).
- Working with the Supporter Liaison and Accessibility Manager to ensure the Club is proactive in developing support, guidance and actionable plans with regard to supporter diversity.
- To act as a key conduit between Operations and Supporter Engagement teams, ensuring effective communications and engagement strategy is in place and understood.
- Creating a clear sales and marketing plan (working in partnership with relevant departments) to maximise venue occupancy and revenue at all events.
- Manage the Club’s ticketing and membership budget requirements ensuring objectives are met within the agreed financial parameters.
- Ensure a consistently excellent visitor and supporter experience to enable the Club to hit key targets and revenue goals.
- Enhance Leicester City Football Club’s reputation and visibility through involvement with key industry constituents and other external stakeholders.
This is the chance to drive transformational culture and operational change for one of the top sports organisations and football clubs in Europe.
For further details about this amazing opportunity, please submit a CV which must be tailored to your suitability for this role, along with a covering letter (or email) highlighting your experience and interest, along with your current salary and benefits package.
Please send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download the full job description.
Leicester City Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
We will only accept direct applications only. Any applications or emails from agencies, third parties or recruitment firms will not be considered.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
Copy link to clipboard
Url Copied to clipboard