- Leicester City in the Community ran a two-day Kicks Camp at New College and St Margaret’s Pastures
- Over 100 young people were given an opportunity to take part in sport and eat a free lunch
- The camps were supported by Asda Abbey Lane and the Desert Rats, who supplied participants with selection boxes and teambuilding activities
- The Club’s charitable arm aims to continue to support with similar offers in the future
During Monday 21 and 22 December, 100 young people joined Leicester City in the Community for PL Kicks Holiday Camps, as Leicester City’s charitable arm looked to help young people who are going hungry.
Funding from Barclays and Premier League Charitable Fund made the Kicks Christmas holiday camps possible, and included an all-important meal on the day.
The camps took place at New College and St Margaret’s pastures over the two days, which featured selection boxes kindly donated by Asda Abbey Lane and teamworking and skill building sessions with the 7th Armoured Division (Desert Rats).
Young people that attended consisted of nearby schoolchildren and current PL Kicks participants.
Paul Blagrove, Leicester City in the Community’s Senior Kicks Coordinator discussed why it was necessary to hold these camps and the need to feed young people outside of school.
“A lot of young people go home hungry from school or activities and to give them that food throughout the day is important,” he said.
“The food that we can provide at these camps going forward would be really helpful and something we will look to achieve.
“I am really keen to carry on doing these camps, there is a high deprivation in Leicester, and is one of the most deprived areas in the country.
“It is essential that we can provide that, so going forward that is something that we are looking to do throughout the PL Kicks programme.”
You can find out more on Leicester City in the Community’s flagship community programme, PL Kicks, by emailing email@example.com.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
คัดลอก URL ลงคลิปบอร์ด
URL copied to clipboard