- Leicester City have lifted the Community Shield for the second time
- The Foxes defeated Premier League champions Manchester City 1-0 at Wembley
- It comes exactly 50 years after the Club’s only other success in the competition
- City open the 2021/22 Premier League season against Wolves next weekend
The Foxes, who lifted the Emirates FA Cup for the first time last term, enjoyed another occasion to remember in the season’s curtain-raiser, courtesy of a penalty from Kelechi Iheanacho.
Now two-time winners of the Community Shield, after also being successful in the 113-year-old competition exactly 50 years ago, it adds to an honours list which includes triumphs in English football’s major competitions – the Premier League, FA Cup and League Cup.
Leicester City Get Their Hands On The Community Shield!
Leicester City got their hands on the FA Community Shield for the second time after beating Manchester City 1-0 at Wembley!
Throughout the new season, Brendan Rodgers’ men will also embark on successive campaigns in European competition for the first time as they compete in the UEFA Europa League.
Over the coming days, LCFC.com will be the place to find reaction and analysis to City’s second Community Shield victory, before the Foxes start the 2021/22 Premier League season against Wolverhampton Wanderers at King Power Stadium on Saturday (3pm BST kick-off).
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
คัดลอก URL ลงคลิปบอร์ด
URL copied to clipboard