- Leicester City to raise funds for The British Red Cross Ukraine Crisis Appeal
- Saturday’s Premier League visit of Leeds dedicated to the appeal
- Please click HERE to donate online
Working with The British Red Cross, the Club is dedicating Saturday’s matchday at home to Leeds United to supporting this vital appeal and helping reach families and communities in Ukraine and its border countries via the Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC).
It is estimated that more than a million people have been forced to flee their homes and become separated from their families in Ukraine because of ongoing violence, with many going without the most basic of supplies such as food and water.
Supporters will be invited throughout the matchday to donate online HERE or text LCFCUKRAINE followed by your donation amount to 70450.*
Fans can donate online and via text, while a number of volunteers will be collecting at King Power Stadium on the day of the game, alongside messages of support for the people of Ukraine in coordination with the Premier League.
All funds collected at King Power Stadium, through the LCFC Ukraine Appeal Just Giving Page and through our dedicated SMS service throughout Saturday 5 March will be donated to the British Red Cross and used to reach people in urgent need, including:
- Providing food, first aid, clean water, shelter support, warm clothing, hygiene parcels and medicines
- Supporting hospitals and healthcare facilities
- Supporting fire fighters and civil protection units
- Training people up in life-saving first aid
- Helping families stay in contact with each other
- Educating people on the risks of explosives
- Repairing vital infrastructure
- Helping to repair homes, healthcare centres, schools, and community centres
Click HERE to donate now or text LCFCUKRAINE followed by your donation amount to 70450.*
The British Red Cross is part of the DEC, which unites 15 member charities who are experts in humanitarian aid and specialists in different areas of disaster response.
The DEC launches appeals during times of monumental suffering, which is the case in Ukraine right now.
So far, Red Cross teams in Ukraine have distributed over 30,000 food and hygiene parcels and provided food, warm clothes, and other aid to around 8,000 people sheltering in metro stations.
First aid training has also been delivered to over 2,000 people taking cover in metro stations and bomb shelters, so they have the skills to treat their loved ones if needed.
Your donation will help The British Red Cross reach more people in urgent need of support, including:
- £10 could provide a hygiene kit to a family of five, giving them supplies to stay healthy for a month
- £20 could provide five blankets to families taking shelter
- £33 could provide 40 chlorine tablets to ensure that families have access to clean, safe water
The Red Cross Ukraine Crisis Appeal will support people in areas currently affected and those potentially affected in the future by the crisis. In the unlikely event that we raise more money than can be reasonably and efficiently spent, any surplus funds will be used to help us prepare for and respond to other humanitarian disasters anywhere in the world.
For more information visit https://donate.redcross.org.uk/appeal/disaster-fund
*Texts will cost the donation amount plus one standard network rate message.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
คัดลอก URL ลงคลิปบอร์ด
URL copied to clipboard