- Leicester City defender Harry Souttar represented Australia on Thursday
- The former Stoke City centre-back helped the Socceroos to a 1-0 win over Syria
- It's a success which means they have reached the last-16 at the Asian Cup
- They conclude their group stage campaign against Uzbekistan on Tuesday
Graham Arnold's men maintained their 100 per cent record thanks to Jackson Irvine's 59th-minute close-range strike at Jassim Bin Hamad Stadium, after Pablo Sabbag had earlier hit the post for the Syrians.
Harry Souttar was making his 24 appearance for Australia.
Australia top Group B with six points from two games, two points ahead of Uzbekistan, who they take on at Al Janoub Stadium on Tuesday (11:30am kick-off). The one-time Asian Cup winners, though, can already start planning for the next stage.
Later on Thursday, Kelechi Iheanacho was an unused substitute as Nigeria beat hosts Ivory Coast 1-0 in the CAF Africa Cup of Nations. The Super Eagles are second in Group A with four points from two games and next face winless Guinea-Bissau on Monday (5pm kick-off).
All times GMT.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
คัดลอก URL ลงคลิปบอร์ด
URL copied to clipboard