Shakespeare Confirms Albrighton Fitness
- Craig Shakespeare provides an update on the fitness of Marc Albrighton, Wes Morgan and Papy Mendy
- Albrighton has recovered from the 24-hour bug that kept him out of Saturday’s win over Stoke City
- Morgan and Mendy will both miss the clash with Sunderland on Tuesday, according to Shakespeare
Leicester City manager Craig Shakespeare says will be available for selection for Tuesday evening’s Premier League clash with Sunderland.
The winger missed after reporting unwell on the morning of the game, but has since returned to training and has been passed fit for the fixture against Sunderland.
Speaking to the media in his pre-match press conference on Monday, Shakespeare said: “Marc [Albrighton] trained yesterday (Sunday) with the squad so it was a 24-hour bug.
He managed to complete training yesterday but he felt really tired after it. He’s come through today. I spoke with him after and he’s 100 per cent fit.Craig Shakespeare
“Unfortunately Wes Morgan and Papy Mendy are still out injured. Wes hasn’t trained with the group yet but he’s been out for the last couple of days on the grass. He’s still a way off in terms of joining back in with the squad.
“Papy we’re assessing day by day but he won’t be ready [for Sunderland]. We’re reluctant to put a time limit on it.
“He had an operation on his ankle a while ago and he’s having a few issues with it. He’s seeing a specialist today and until we get that report, I’d be reluctant to put a time frame on it.”
For all the build-up to Tuesday’s game, make sure you stay tuned to LCFC.com.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard