- Leicester City will take on Burton Albion in a pre-season friendly on Tuesday 1 August (7:45pm KO)
- The Foxes travel to Pirelli Stadium four days after visiting Stadium MK to face MK Dons on 28 July
- City have won three of four competitive fixtures against the Brewers, as well as a 2015 friendly win
- Ticket details and further pre-season friendlies will be announced on LCFC.com in due course
Leicester City will travel to Pirelli Stadium on Tuesday 1 August for a pre-season friendly against Sky Bet Championship side Burton Albion (7:45pm kick-off).
City will continue their preparations for the 2017/18 season with a trip to Staffordshire to face Nigel Clough’s Brewers.
The Foxes have lined-up competitively against Burton on just four occasions in the past - winning three, in the Emirates FA Cup, and losing once in the EFL Cup five years ago.
The most recent meeting between the two sides was a pre-season friendly back in July 2015 when Jamie Vardy scored twice for Leicester as they ran out 2-1 victors.
On the back of two wins in three matches, Clough’s men have preserved their Championship status with former Foxes winger Lloyd Dyer making 40 appearances this term.
Young City midfielder Hamza Choudhury has also enjoyed two successful loan spells with Burton, notably helping them secure promotion from League 1 last season.
Ticket details and further pre-season friendly dates will be confirmed on LCFC.com in due course.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard