Elder Makes Barnsley Loan Switch
- The left back has already enjoyed loan spells at Mansfield Town, Peterborough United and Brentford
- Elder joins fellow Fox Matty James on loan at the Tykes
- The Australian signed a new three-year deal at Leicester City in the summer
Versatile Leicester City defender Callum Elder has joined Barnsley on loan until the end of the 2016/17 season, subject to Football League approval.
Elder, 22, knows the rigours of the Football League well having already spent time on loan at Mansfield Town, Peterborough United and most recently Brentford.
The Australian-born left back, who can also operate at the centre of defence, signed a new three-year deal in the summer before making six appearances for the Bees throughout August and September.
Elder becomes the second Fox to make the move to Oakwell Stadium following Matty James’ loan switch last week.
Should he be registered in time, he could make his debut for Paul Heckingbottom’s men on Tuesday evening against Wolverhampton Wanderers at Oakwell Stadium. Barnsley currently sit seventh in the Championship table, just one point off the play-offs.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard