Riyad Mahrez: Leicester City Magician Signs New Contract
- Riyad Mahrez signs new contract with Leicester City
- PFA Player of the Year commits future to the Foxes until June 2020
- Mahrez registered 17 goals and 11 assists in Foxes’ Premier League title win
- Algerian becomes the latest of several City stars to sign new deals this summer
Leicester City Football Club is delighted to announce that Riyad Mahrez has signed a new contract, committing his future to the Foxes until June, 2020.
The reigning PFA Players’ Player of the Year signs new terms after playing a starring role in City’s unforgettable Premier League title triumph last season – the latest stage of a remarkable journey for the 25-year-old Algerian in Leicester City colours.
Signed from Le Havre of the French second tier in January 2014, Riyad’s two-and-a-half-year spell with Leicester has seen him establish himself as an Algeria international, a Premier League champion and one of the most feared attacking players in Europe. He scored 17 goals and contributed 11 assists last season in the most remarkable title triumph in Premier League history.
He joins the likes of Wes Morgan, Jamie Vardy, Kasper Schmeichel and Andy King in signing new deals with the Club this summer, bolstering Claudio Ranieri’s squad for the Club’s first ever Premier League title defence.
The Foxes host their first home game of the 2016/17 season this Saturday (20 August) when Arsenal visit King Power Stadium.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard