Lawrence Heads To Ipswich On Season-Long Loan
- The 22-year old joined the Foxes from Manchester United two years ago
- Lawrence has spent time on loan with Blackburn Rovers and Cardiff City last season
- He could made his debut for Ipswich away to Reading in the Championship next Friday night
Leicester City winger Tom Lawrence has joined Championship side Ipswich Town on a season-long loan deal.
The 22-year-old Wales international joined the Foxes from Manchester United in the summer of 2014 and made his debut in a 1-0 FA Cup victory over Newcastle United the following January.
Lawrence spent last season on loan with Championship sides Blackburn Rovers and Cardiff City – clocking up a total of 35 appearances in the division and scoring two goals.
Having previously enjoyed successful loan spells in the Championship with Rotherham United and Yeovil Town, Lawrence will link up with an Ipswich side currently enjoying a three-match unbeaten run.
Mick McCarthy’s side sit 11th in the table after five games - just one point adrift of the top six and three off the automatic promotion places.
Next up for the Tractor Boys is a trip to fellow promotion hopefuls Reading next Friday night, where Lawrence could come up against former City defender Liam Moore.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard