- Leicester City defender Callum Elder joins Wigan Athletic in a season-long loan deal
- The 22-year-old has previously gained Football League experience on loan with Barnsley, Brentford, Peterborough United and Mansfield Town
- Elder has featured under Craig Shakespeare for Leicester City this pre-season
- The Australia youth international signed professionally for City in 2013 and has played a key role for the Development Squad
The 22-year-old left-back gained experience on loan with Brentford and Barnsley during the last campaign before featuring under Craig Shakespeare for Leicester City’s first team in pre-season.
Now the Australia youth international, who signed a new deal at King Power Stadium last summer, will head to DW Stadium to link up with Paul Cook’s Wigan Athletic as the team look to win promotion to the Championship.
The 2013 FA Cup winners open their League 1 campaign away to MK Dons on Saturday afternoon, when Elder could make his Latics debut.
The versatile defender, who can also operate in central defence, already has an impressive amount of Football League experience under his belt.
He made his professional debut on loan for Mansfield Town in 2014/15, where he would go on to help them secure League 2 safety. A spell at Peterborough United followed in League 1 in 2015/16 before stepping up to Championship level with Brentford and Barnsley last term.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
คัดลอก URL ลงคลิปบอร์ด
URL copied to clipboard