- Matty James and Robert Huth are back in training ahead of Wednesday’s clash with Southampton
- James has been out of action since September, while Huth has not featured for Leicester City this term
- Claude Puel praised the positive relationship between the players and the Club’s support staff
Puel, who will make a return to St. Mary’s Stadium on Wednesday night as the Foxes take on Southampton, says Huth and James are likely to notch up some valuable game time for the Club’s Development Squad in the coming weeks.
“We have no other injuries at this moment,” confirmed Puel. “Starting back with us is Robert Huth and Matty James on the pitch. It was great to see them and to start to make training sessions with the squad.
The midfielder enjoys a training session at Belvoir Drive.
“I don’t know [if they will be available yet]. They need a lot of training sessions. I think if they play games with the Under-23s, time will tell.”
With a busy period during which the Foxes play eight times in all competitions across December, Puel stressed the importance of having a talented set of support staff in place.
He added: “Of course, it’s important to have a good relationship with the medical staff and technical staff. It’s important for them to feel the level of the players and their fitness.
“With the busy period and the weather also, it’s difficult to prepare them. It’s important to work before training sessions and the game also to be prepared with small exercises to try and prevent any injuries.”
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard