Premier League Primary Stars uses the appeal of the Premier League and Leicester City Football Club to inspire children to learn to be active and develop important life skills.
The role will co-ordinate the delivery aspects of the Premier League Primary Stars programme within partner schools. The aim of the position is to contribute to the development of a quality PE and School Sport offer to pupils between the ages of 5 – 11 in Leicester.
In line with Premier League objectives the Trust will:
- Work in partnership to drive up standards in PE across our target Primary Schools, both through the intensive offer and our football offer. We will do this by responding to needs of individual schools working through the School PE Coordinator, where they are in post, or and directly with the teaching staff.
- Reach under-represented groups, providing opportunities in life and in football by delivering in target areas of the city, reaching BAME young people and having a specific focus on girl’s football provision.
- Provide a responsive offer that meets the needs of schools across PE, PSHE and Literacy by building genuine partnerships with schools to ensure we meet their need.
- Build strategic partnerships in key areas of the city and to work more closely in partnership, in particular with our SSPAN, CSP and County FA where we have the same objectives and target groups.
Who We’re Looking For
The ideal candidate will be:
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject area.
- Hold an FA Level 2 coaching certificate.
- Working towards or hold an AfPE level 3 in PE and School Sport qualification.
- Have a minimum of one year experience of working in and liaising with primary schools.
- Have knowledge of the National Curriculum for PE at primary level.
- Have the ability to work on own initiative.
Ability to work within a diverse community and draw on individual strengths to promote equality and diversity
Contract Type – 12 month Fixed Term
Hours Per Week – 37 hours
Leicester City Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Leicester City Football Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. As such, you may be subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure & Barring Service and prior to taking up any role.
A shortlist of suitable applicants will be compiled shortly after the closing date and successful candidates will be contacted about the interview process.
If you feel, you have the qualities and experience we are looking for please apply by sending your CV, along with a covering letter detailing your salary expectations by email to Jamie Skinner – Education Manager, Jamie.Skinner@lcfc.co.uk
Closing Date – 24 April, 2018
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
Copy link to clipboard
Url Copied to clipboard