- Leicester City to host Spanish side Valencia at King Power Stadium on 1 August
- Friendly to form part of both sides’ preparations for the 2018/19 season
- Fixture to be City’s only home pre-season match at King Power Stadium
The visit of the six-time La Liga winners will take place on Wednesday 1 August (7.45pm) – a key stage of City’s pre-season schedule just 10 days before the start of the new Premier League campaign.
Having finished fourth in La Liga last term, Valencia will be preparing for a return to the UEFA Champions League next season following a three-year absence. Los Che have been revitalised under Spanish coach Marcelino in the last year and will be tipped to remain a force in Spain next season.
It will be the first time the two clubs have met since the summer of 2011, when a City side managed by Sven Göran Eriksson took on Los Che in a pre-season fixture in Carinthia, Austria.
While further pre-season fixtures will be announced in due course, the visit of Valencia will be City’s only fixture at King Power Stadium during pre-season, making it the only opportunity for the Blue Army to catch a preview of how Claude Puel’s side are shaping up before the new season begins.
Ticket details and selling arrangements will be confirmed on LCFC.com in due course.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard