- Kelechi Iheanacho wants to maintain his productive goalscoring form for Leicester City
- The striker has scored twice in his last two appearances for the Foxes
- Iheanacho netted in the 1-1 draw with Valencia at King Power Stadium on Wednesday
- City head to Lille on Saturday in their final pre-season fixture
Leicester’s pre-season campaign comes to an end on Saturday, when they take on Lille OSC at Stade Pierre-Mauroy – a game Iheanacho hopes to again impress in.
“It was a good test for us and it’s a good game as well,” said goalscorer Iheanacho. “Valencia are a good team as we all know and we worked hard in training to prepare for this game.
Iheanacho Opens The Scoring
Watch Kelechi Iheanacho's opening goal against Valencia on Wednesday night.
“It wasn’t a bad outcome so we’re looking forward to the next game.”
Iheanacho’s goal came as a result of some fine work from James Maddison, who put in another exciting display in Leicester colours.
Discussing his goal, Iheanacho explained: “It was a scramble with Madders (James Maddison) and then the ball bounced out and dropped to me so I finished it.
I think it’s going to be a good game but we need to keep working hard and make sure we get the goals.Kelechi IheanachoLCFC TV
“Of course, I would love to keep it (goalscoring) going, it’s been a good pre-season for us so I’d love to keep the form and keep scoring goals.”
City’s final fixture of pre-season follows, before their Premier League season kicks-off against Manchester United at Old Trafford six days later.
“I think it’s going to be a good game but we need to keep working hard and make sure we get the goals,” added the Nigeria international.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard