- Marc Albrighton could be sidelined with a hamstring injury until the end of the season
- Leicester City manager Claude Puel revealed details concerning the midfielder's fitness on Friday
- The Foxes head to Tottenham Hotspur in the Premier League on Sunday (1:30pm GMT kick-off)
- Midfielder Youri Tielemans is in contention to make his debut for the Club in the capital
Speaking to the media ahead of Sunday’s visit to Wembley to face Tottenham Hotspur (1:30pm GMT kick-off), Puel said: “We now know [more about] the injury to Marc.
“He’s had a serious hamstring injury. It’s bad news for us, for the team, and I think he will not be available until the end of the season.
It’s a bad thing for him and for us but it will be an opportunity for another player to show his quality and we’ll have to manage this situation.Claude Puel
“Marc gives the team spirit and aggressiveness. We will have to find another balance in the team so we will see.
“It’s a bad thing for him and for us but it will be an opportunity for another player to show his quality and we’ll have to manage this situation. He will have surgery.”
New loan signing Youri Tielemans, meanwhile, is fit and ready to make his debut for the Club in the capital, but Puel said no decision has been made concerning City's starting line-up.
“I haven’t taken my decision for the next game,” he added. “He has worked hard in training and we’ll see if he can bring his qualities.”
Defender Daniel Amartey, however, continues to recover from an ankle injury which he suffered in October’s 1-1 draw with West Ham United on Filbert Way.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
Copy link to clipboard
Url Copied to clipboard