- Leicester City were beaten 3-1 by Tottenham Hotspur at Wembley on Sunday
- Defender Harry Maguire rued City's missed opportunities at full-time
- The Foxes had a succession of chances to score against the top flight title challengers
- Maguire believes the Club's youthful squad is a reason to be excited for the future
Despite creating a host of opportunities to score in the capital, goals from Davinson Sánchez, Christian Eriksen and Son Heung-Min sealed all three points for the home side.
“It’s crazy, I don’t think any team has had as many chances as we have against Tottenham, a top team that’s challenging for the title,” he said.
Goals: Tottenham Hotspur 3 Leicester City 1
The goals from Wembley Stadium as Claude Puel's side are beaten 3-1 by Spurs in the Premier League.
“We’ve come and dominated the game for large parts. To be fair, they were really clinical and they came away with three points.
“We all look at ourselves, who had the chances out there, and we need to be more clinical, especially when you come to teams who are fighting for the title.
“You don’t expect that many chances, but we played really well out there and we shouldn’t have lost the game.”
However, despite the disappointment of defeat, Maguire says the youthfulness of City’s squad gives everyone at the Football Club reason to be excited about the future.
“It’s really exciting to play in a team that’s so young... you can see that we’re fearless, we take the games to our opponents” he added.
“We had numerous chances out there today. We dominated the second half especially. In the first half, we had numerous chances again.”
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard