- Leicester City will benefit from time on the training pitch under new manager Brendan Rodgers, according to James Maddison
- The Foxes face Fulham at King Power Stadium on Saturday (3pm GMT kick-off)
- Maddison discussed facing Rodgers’ Celtic while at Aberdeen in 2016/17
- Listen to free coverage of Saturday’s game on LCFC Radio from 1pm GMT with the Pre-Match Pint
Maddison has scored five goals and recorded as many assists during his maiden Premier League campaign for the Foxes, most recently setting up Jamie Vardy for his strike against Brighton & Hove Albion last week.
At only 22 years-old, Maddison has plenty more to experience in England’s top flight, and is thrilled by the prospect of working with new manager Rodgers, who will take charge of his first home game this weekend.
“He is obviously a manager big on pressing and working really hard without the ball as well as having quality and possession-based football,” said Maddison.
The Leicester City No.10 has played 29 times in all competitions this season.
“When a new manager comes in you just listen, learn and take all the information on board and really put into practice what everybody wants."
Maddison has already faced Rodgers as an opposition manager when he spent the 2016/17 campaign on loan at Scottish Premiership outfit Aberdeen, with the England Under-21 international on the losing side on both occasions.
I already knew a little bit about him (Brendan Rodgers), and he knew about me because we had been on different sides before, so it is really good to be working on the same team as him.James Maddison
Maddison recalled: “He has reminded me of that a couple of times! I went on loan to Aberdeen and we played in the Scottish League Cup Final at Hampden Park against Celtic and lost 3-0 on the day.
“He reminded me of that and said Celtic were too good on the day, but it was a great experience for me.
“I already knew a little bit about him, and he knew about me because we had been on different sides before, so it is really good to be working on the same team as him.”
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard