- Leicester City's Harry Maguire scored in the 30th minute for England in Samara
- The Three Lions beat Sweden 2-0 in the quarter-finals of the World Cup
- England will face Croatia in the semi-finals on Wednesday (7pm BST kick-off)
- Maguire and Vardy are Leicester City's last remaining representatives in Russia
Maguire rose highest to convert Ashley Young's corner to give the Three Lions the lead after half an hour of action at Cosmos Arena.
His 30th minute header against Sweden helped England reach the World Cup semi-finals for the first time since 1990.
The 25-year-old became the first player to score for England at the World Cup while a Leicester City player, and his header was followed up by one from Dele Alli in the 58th minute.
City's defender put in an outstanding performance and had an opportunity to double his tally in the 66th minute when his left-footed strike flew over the bar.
Wow... What a feeling! World Cup Semi Final. Bring it on 🏴🦁❤️ pic.twitter.com/VlzZx5Lo1U— Harry Maguire (@HarryMaguire93) July 7, 2018
Foxes striker Jamie Vardy was an unused substitute for the 2-0 win in Samara, as the Three Lions reached the semi-finals for the first time since 1990.
England will take on Croatia in the last four of the tournament in Moscow on Wednesday (7pm BST kick-off) with the victors going on to face either France or Belgium in the final.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard