The Sports Turf Academy boasts cutting-edge research facilities, including a full specification laboratory, glasshouse and constructed trial plots.
The location of the STA, set within a world-class professional training centre allows us to access 'real life' performance testing of a wide range of constructed natural and artificial pitches, as well as a golf course. The Academy has the flexibility and capacity to conduct a number of impactful research projects that we hope will better inform the industry with best practice. A team of researchers based at the STA contribute to teaching and managing larger sports turf and turfgrass research projects.
Areas of research interest may include, but are not limited to:
- Enhancing sports turf performance
- Sustainable turfgrass management
- Turfgrass weeds, pests and disease
- Sports turf construction methods
- Turfgrass performance and wear trials
- Turfgrass ecology (e.g. microbial interactions)
- Water optimisation for sports turf (or drought adaption)
- Informing and advancing sports turf education
- Mechanisation and fossil fuel alternatives
If you are interested in any of the research areas or engaging in a trial please contact us below or by clicking HERE.