- Claude Puel provided his pre-Fleetwood Town injury update on Monday afternoon
- Danny Simpson and captain Wes Morgan are making good progress in training
- Matty James is available for selection while Robert Huth's fitness is being monitored closely
- Fousseni Diabaté is ineligible after missing the original tie at Highbury Stadium this month
The Foxes pair are not in contention to appear during the Emirates FA Cup Third Round replay against Fleetwood Town at King Power Stadium on Tuesday night (7:45pm kick-off).
“For Danny, he came back for the warm-up in training this morning,” Puel told the media on Monday. “He will train this week from Wednesday or Thursday. This is good news of course.”
On Morgan’s progress, the Frenchman added: “He is working hard in the gym. We don’t know for the moment [when he will return] but it is progress for Wes. Time will tell.”
Fleetwood Town 0 Leicester City 0
Watch the highlights from the Foxes' Emirates FA Cup stalemate against Fleetwood Town on Saturday afternoon.
He continued: “We will see. He played, for example, against West Ham for the Under-23s last week. We will see if he is in a good match fitness or not.”
After Jamie Vardy, 31, missed out on the opportunity to face his former club with a groin injury earlier this month, Puel said: “I cannot give you the starting players, of course.
“I can say he will be in the squad.”
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
Copy link to clipboard
Url Copied to clipboard