- Leicester City winger Demarai Gray is excited to return to King Power Stadium on Thursday
- Southampton are City's visitors to Filbert Way in the Premier League (7:45pm kick-off)
- Gray hopes the supporters can play their part in another memorable night on home soil
- The final few weeks of the season give the Foxes an opportunity to build, says Gray
The winger has stressed the importance of Leicester getting back to winning ways after a disappointing afternoon in Lancashire and says this clash is a perfect opportunity to do so.
“I think we’ve got to bounce back now from the loss, we’re at home which makes it better, with our fans behind us,” Gray told LCFC TV on Tuesday morning.
Gray Expecting Tough Saints Test
Foxes forward Demarai Gray talks to LCFC TV ahead of the visit of Southampton to King Power Stadium in the Premier League on Thursday evening...
“I think the most important thing is that we finish the season strong and we go into the Southampton game with a positive attitude.
“Just because they’re down there [in 18th place], it doesn’t mean it’s going to be an easy game. They’ve got a lot to play for and every game is important for every team.
“We’re expecting a tough game, a fight from them, it’s definitely not going to be easy.
Training Exclusive: Southampton
The lads have been back out on the training pitch ahead of Thursday's Premier League clash against Southampton.
“We’ve got to go into the game with the right attitude and approach it properly and I think, as long as we do that, we’ll come out with three points.”
On the remaining weeks of the season, Gray added: “For me personally, it’s just about trying to play as much football as I can and to try and finish the season strong.
“From a team perspective, we’ve just got to try and get points in every single game now. The last five or six games of the season are always vital, so we’ve just to finish the season positively.”
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard