- Leicester City goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel makes his 37th cap in Denmark's 1-1 draw with Australia
- Tottenham Hotspur's Christian Eriksen netted with a lovely effort in the seventh minute
- Schmeichel conceded for the first time since November in Denmark's colours to a Mile Jedinak penalty
- Denmark next face France on Tuesday, a match which will determine the winners of Group B
The Danes, who overcame Puru 1-0 last week, are second in Group B with four points after 1998 world champions France also defeated Peru in Yekaterinburg later in the day.
Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Christian Eriksen's lovely opener, from outside the box, put them ahead in the seventh minute, but the Socceroos equalised from the spot in the 38th minute.
Mile Jedinak, who plays for Sky Bet Championship outfit Aston Villa, stepped up to convert his second spot-kick in as many games to deny Denmark another three points.
Schmeichel had kept a clean sheet in each of his last five matches for Denmark, last conceding against the Republic of Ireland's Shane Duffy in November.
The Foxes stopper could add to his tally of 37 caps when Denmark tackle France on Tuesday in Moscow (3pm BST kick-off) - a match which will determine the winner of Group B.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
Copy link to clipboard
Url Copied to clipboard