- Jamie Vardy, Harry Maguire and Shinji Okazaki all played a role for their international sides on Thursday
- Vardy and Maguire were both in action as England took on Belgium
- Okazaki’s Japan made it through to the last-16 despite a loss to Poland
On Thursday afternoon, Okazaki started for Japan in their clash with Poland in Volgograd and while they were narrowly beaten 0-1, it proved to be enough to advance to the round of 16 stage.
Japan, who finished second in Group H, will play Group G winners Belgium on Tuesday 2 July for a spot in the quarter-finals.
Harry Maguire heads the ball clear while being challenged by Belgium's Adnan Januzaj.
Only a fine long-range effort from former Manchester United man Adnan Januzaj settled the tie – the Three Lions will play Colombia in the last-16 on Tuesday.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard