Our aim is to be the most open and inclusive football club in the most open and inclusive city, ensuring we provide equality of opportunity for everyone associated with Leicester City Football Club.
Through LCFC Together, we will support and welcome our diverse team of players, staff, supporters and community to create a fully inclusive culture, so everyone feels part of the Club and we all enjoy our football together.
LCFC Together will be achieved by:
- Recognising our diversity and ensuring that we celebrate the individual differences of our players, staff and fans as well as in our local community, bringing different experiences, views and backgrounds together to support the team and achieve greater things as a Club, on and off the pitch.
- Focusing on inclusion, ensuring everyone feels welcome, safe and able to be themselves.
- Listening to representative groups, individuals, supporters and staff, and understanding how their experiences can help us be more together.
LCFC Together is led by the Club’s board of Directors who believe that equality, diversity and inclusion are fundamental rights and that, as Leicester’s football club, we have a duty to lead on and promote these rights throughout Leicester. As such, the Club takes a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination of any kind, including whether based on age, disability, gender identity or gender expression, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity.
LCFC requires that everyone involved and doing business with the Club, our staff, as well as all guests, visitors and supporters, share this commitment by offering equality of opportunity and operating in a non-discriminatory manner, in accordance with the principles set out in our equality statement.
Our commitment is to continue to:
- Lead on the importance of equality and inclusion at LCFC
- Listen to our equality partners and supporter groups and take action where appropriate
- Raise awareness of equality and inclusion
- Eliminate discrimination in our stadium and respond promptly to complaints Embed equality into all that we do
- Provide an accessible stadium with facilities you require
- Train our staff to support you and each other
- Respect and celebrate difference
To achieve our aim, Leicester City Football Club continually works alongside Leicester City in the Community and with equality specialist groups, to support our journey towards achieving our inclusive vision and we are proud to be recognised as a Diversity Champion of Stonewall, a Disability Confident Employer, a Cornerstone Employer, a partner of Autism East Midlands and have made the Time to Change Pledge in association with Mind as well as supporting the Premier League Mentally Healthy Football declaration.
We also work with local businesses, schools, colleagues and universities as well as charities, along with our supporter groups – the Disability Supporter Association, Foxes Pride – and our Supporter Equality Working Group to further our knowledge, support our fans, and help us share our equality work and act as a platform for change in Leicester.
Should you experience any form of harassment, discrimination or bullying, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0344 815 5000 (Option 4).
On a matchday, you can also speak to your nearest steward, while reporting any form of discrimination or hate crime by texting ‘FOXES’, followed by your message and seat details, to 60066.