- Five Leicester City stars featured for their nations on Tuesday night
- Ben Chilwell made his England debut, while Harry Maguire played 90 minutes at King Power Stadium
- Jonny Evans helped Northern Ireland beat Israel in Belfast
Gareth Southgate handed Maguire a start against Switzerland at King Power Stadium, while Chilwell was introduced late on as the Three Lions recorded a 1-0 friendly win thanks to Marcus Rashford’s close-range finish. Demarai Gray was an unused substitute in the victory.
Evans, meanwhile, also tasted success as Northern Ireland cruised to a 3-0 friendly triumph over Israel at Windsor Park.
Jonny Evans and Gavin Whyte
Jonny Evans and Gavin Whyte are pictured at the final whistle on Tuesday night.
Goals from Steven Davis, Stuart Dallas and debutant Gavin Whyte saw Michael O'Neill's men bounce back from their loss to Bosnia and Herzegovina in the UEFA Nations League.
Over in U21 European Championships qualifying, Thomas, currently on loan at Scunthorpe United, completed the full game as Wales Under-21s were beaten 2-0 by Portugal Under-21s.
In the same competition, Oldham Athletic loanee Iversen kept a clean sheet to help Denmark Under-21s to a 2-0 victory over Lithuania Under-21s.
Finally, attacker James Maddison was unused from the bench as England Under-21s beat Latvia Under-21s 2-1.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard